Airsoft Forum Rules
The IAA operate a forum for information and discussion of topics related to Airsoft in Ireland
1. The forum is intended for the general discussion of Airsoft and topics directly related to Airsoft.
2. Discussion of any illegal topics is not permitted and abuse of this will result in temporary ban for a first offence followed by more severe penalties as deemed appropriate by the Moderators or Administrators up to and including permanent ban from the forum. Specific legal issues related to the sport are as follows, and are not to be discussed
1. Discussion of the personal procurement of Irish Military Uniforms for the purposes of Airsofting is not permitted.
2. Discussion of modifications intended to cause an Airsoft device to exceed the energy limit as stated in the Criminal Justice Act of 2006 is not permitted. Such upgrades constitute converting an Airsoft to a firearm and are illegal.
3. Discussion of explosives, their ingredients and components or other incendiary devices is not permitted. Discussion of certain aspects of pyrotechnics as they relate to airsoft may be discussed however the moderators and administrators reserve the right to lock a thread and to delete materials deemed inappropriate without warning.
4. Discussion or advocacy of illegal or dangerous activity involving airsoft equipment is not permitted. Moderators and administrators reserve the right to judge what is appropriate.
3. A civil and polite standard of behavior is expected. Where failures in this behavior occur it will result in temporary ban for a first offence followed by more severe penalties as deemed appropriate by the Moderators or administrators up to and including permanent ban from the forum. If you are offended by something that has been posted, please report the post using the “report post” button – DO NOT ENGAGE THE OFFENDER DIRECTLY.
1. Racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated in any form on these forums.
2. Personal abuse, bullying, jeering, name calling is not permitted.
3. Profanity will be tolerated.
4. No images of pornographic, offensive or obscene material may be posted. Moderators and administrators reserve the right to judge what is obscene and pornographic.
4. Please be careful to indicate the difference between your opinions and known fact. Remember, having an opinion is a right, but it does not make it right.
5. Legal threats via the forum will result in a immediate ban and the archiving of related information to the post for any potential legal action from an opposing party.
6. If you wish to advertise your business please contact a moderator or admin and request that a thread be opened in the appropriate sub-forum. Ignoring this and posting anyway will result in a ban and the possibility of the refusal of a thread after the fact.
7. Please do not trade in the general forums. Trading is permitted by individuals for non-commercial purposes in the appropriate forum. This is a privilege and not a right. If you do not adhere to the rules of the sub forum you will lose this privilege.
8. Repeated unwelcome posting will be treated as spam. If you spam, you will be banned.
9. Deliberately provoking controversy, arguments or incitement is defined as trolling and will result in penalties including and up to a ban. This is as the discretion of the administrators and moderators.
10. The forum is conducted via English and all posts should be made in such. So called text speak is banned. Using all Capital letters will be considered shouting.
11. All signatures and avatars must be approved by a moderator or admin and are subject to the rules of the forum.
12. Freedoms of speech dose not exist in this forum. The forum is intended to be a safe place for airsofters to discuss relevant topics and subjects without risk of abuse, harassment, bullying, or breaching any 3rd parties rights, licenses or copyright. Attacks on 3rd parties will not be tolerated.
13. Threats of any nature to a fellow poster or 3rd party are strictly prohibited and will result in a ban and the archiving of related information to the post for any potential legal action from an allegedly injured party.
14. All statements in the forum by members of the committee are made without prejudice and should be treated as such.
15. Moderators and administrators reserve the right of admission to the forum.
16. Moderators and administrators reserve the right to lock or delete posts or threads that are not in the interest of the community. This right is at the moderators and administrators discretion.
The committee reserves the right to amend this document.
© Irish Airsoft Association 2009