Irish Airsoft Association terms and conditions of website usage
The terms “Irish Airsoft Association’s” or “us” or “we” or “The Association” or The IAA” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
· The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
· Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
· This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
· Unauthorized use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
· Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of The Republic of Ireland.
The IAA operate a forum for information and discussion of topics related to Airsoft in Ireland
1. The forum is intended for the general discussion of Airsoft and topics directly related to Airsoft.
2. Discussion of any illegal topics is not permitted and abuse of this will result in temporary ban for a first offence followed by more severe penalties as deemed appropriate by the Moderators or Administrators up to and including permanent ban from the forum. Specific legal issues related to the sport are as follows, and are not to be discussed
1. Discussion of the personal procurement of Irish Military Uniforms for the purposes of Airsofting is not permitted.
2. Discussion of modifications intended to cause an Airsoft device to exceed the energy limit as stated in the Criminal Justice Act of 2006 is not permitted. Such upgrades constitute converting an Airsoft to a firearm and are illegal.
3. Discussion of explosives, their ingredients and components or other incendiary devices is not permitted. Discussion of certain aspects of pyrotechnics as they relate to airsoft may be discussed however the moderators and administrators reserve the right to lock a thread and to delete materials deemed inappropriate without warning.
4. Discussion or advocacy of illegal or dangerous activity involving airsoft equipment is not permitted. Moderators and administrators reserve the right to judge what is appropriate.
3. A civil and polite standard of behavior is expected. Where failures in this behavior occur it will result in temporary ban for a first offence followed by more severe penalties as deemed appropriate by the Moderators or administrators up to and including permanent ban from the forum. If you are offended by something that has been posted, please report the post using the “report post” button – DO NOT ENGAGE THE OFFENDER DIRECTLY.
1. Racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated in any form on these forums.
2. Personal abuse, bullying, jeering, name calling is not permitted.
3. Profanity will be tolerated.
4. No images of pornographic, offensive or obscene material may be posted. Moderators and administrators reserve the right to judge what is obscene and pornographic.
4. Please be careful to indicate the difference between your opinions and known fact. Remember, having an opinion is a right, but it does not make it right.
5. Legal threats via the forum will result in a immediate ban and the archiving of related information to the post for any potential legal action from an opposing party.
6. If you wish to advertise your business please contact a moderator or admin and request that a thread be opened in the appropriate sub-forum. Ignoring this and posting anyway will result in a ban and the possibility of the refusal of a thread after the fact.
7. Please do not trade in the general forums. Trading is permitted by individuals for non-commercial purposes in the appropriate forum. This is a privilege and not a right. If you do not adhere to the rules of the sub forum you will lose this privilege.
8. Repeated unwelcome posting will be treated as spam. If you spam, you will be banned.
9. Deliberately provoking controversy, arguments or incitement is defined as trolling and will result in penalties including and up to a ban. This is as the discretion of the administrators and moderators.
10. The forum is conducted via English and all posts should be made in such. So called text speak is banned. Using all Capital letters will be considered shouting.
11. All signatures and avatars must be approved by a moderator or admin and are subject to the rules of the forum.
12. Freedoms of speech dose not exist in this forum. The forum is intended to be a safe place for airsofters to discuss relevant topics and subjects without risk of abuse, harassment, bullying, or breaching any 3rd parties rights, licenses or copyright. Attacks on 3rd parties will not be tolerated.
13. Threats of any nature to a fellow poster or 3rd party are strictly prohibited and will result in a ban and the archiving of related information to the post for any potential legal action from an allegedly injured party.
14. All statements in the forum by members of the committee are made without prejudice and should be treated as such.
15. Moderators and administrators reserve the right of admission to the forum.
16. Moderators and administrators reserve the right to lock or delete posts or threads that are not in the interest of the community. This right is at the moderators and administrators discretion.
The IAA may operate an Internet chat room for information and discussion of topics related to Airsoft in Ireland and general community development.
Before proceeding into the Airsoft Chatroom, please be aware that this Chatroom is available to the public.
As such, a set of rules will be enforced by Chatroom Moderators upon all users of the Chatroom.
The terms “Irish Airsoft Association” or “us” or “we” or “The Association” or “The IAA” refers to the owner of the service. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The term “IRC” refers to Internet relay chat, this is a form of real-time Internet chat or synchronous conferencing which is provided via an IAA hosted server.
The terms “IRC Chatroom” or ”Airsoft Chatroom” refers to all the rooms operated under the IAA IRC Server.
All information published via the IAA Chatroom may be logged or stored.
These rules are as follows:
Use of Slander
Slander is not permitted at any time within the IRC Chatroom. Any comment that will lower the image of another in the eyes of the community will not be tolerated.
Accusations of illegality are strictly prohibited.
Degrading comments, bullying, racism or sexism, will not be tolerated. What is classified under any of these headings is at the discretion of the moderators.
Excessive Use of Profanity
Excessive use of profanity is not allowed. What is classified as excessive is at the discretion of the moderators.
Links to Web Sites
Posting web URLs is permitted within certain conditions. Any such link must lead to a web site that does not contain any material that violates any of the rules listed on this document. The link must not lead to any malicious software, illegal content (including files), or to pornographic material.
Harassment, in any form, of any person, will result in removal from the room and possibly a ban from the service.
Excessive, Useless Text (i.e. Spam)
Posting excessive amounts of text into the IRC chatroom (”Spamming”) is not permitted.
Use of Foreign Languages
The Irish Airsoft chat room is conducted in English.
Moderators’ Extent of Power
Moderators of the IRC Chatroom who have Operator Status (@) reserve the right to remove, temporarily or permanently ban any user from the Chatroom at any time. The IAA reserves the right not only to remove or ban any user at any time, but also to amend the Rules and Terms of Conduct within this document that governs the acceptable use of the Chatroom when it is deemed necessary.
These Rules and Terms of Conduct override and take priority over any other agreement you may have signed or verbally made with a staff member of this web site, with a staff member of the IRC network, or with any other party related to this document, web site, or Chatroom. These Rules and Terms are non-negotiable. However, If a Moderator has banned you from the Chatroom, you feel you were wrongly removed from the Chatroom, or wish to file a complaint about any user or Operator (of any status), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Appeals will be heard by the committee within 2 weeks, users may submit written testimony for the appeal.
Our IRC channel is suspended for the time being.
If there are any issues with connection or applet interface, complaints or suggestions, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for reading
The committee reserves the right to amend this document.
© Irish Airsoft Association 2009, 2010